Search This Blog

Saturday, August 1, 2009

The neighbour

I am working night shift this weekend, so Darryl took Nyla over to the park to give me some peace and quiet in the house. While he was over there one of our neighbours' little girls was there, and she just loves Nyla, so the two of them had a blast and played for about 2-3 hrs. The girl is probably about 8yrs old, if I had to guess.

So later on we just about finished dinner when I heard a knock at the door. I went to go get it, and it was the girl. She wanted to know if Nyla could come out to play, lol. I told her we were in the middle of dinner, and it wasn't a good time right now, not to mention she's too little to come outside by herself. She didn't really take the hint, and continued on making conversation. A little bit later, Darryl and Nyla came over to talk to her too, at the door, with the door open, and air conditioner running.

Somehow she managed to invite herself in, and was playing with Nyla. I was in a bit of a rush, getting ready for work, and didnt really have any patience at the moment. I really wasn't thrilled that she didn't listen the first time I said not a good time right now. I was desparatly trying to think of a way to get her to leave, without being rude. Finally I asked her if her Mom knew she was here. No, of course not, "yes a way out", I thought! So I told her I don't think her Mom would like it if she was in our house(basically strangers, we don't know them well beyond saying hi when crossing paths), and that she should go. Well, she comes back with, "Ok, I'll be right back, I'll go ask her if I can". Ugh, I think to myself, "Ok, I'm an adult, I can tell her to get out of my house, in a polite way". So I tell her, "No, its really not a good time right now, I think you should go home, or to the park, or wherever it is you're supposed to be". She turned around, and stormed out. I hope she wasn't crying.

Oh well. I'm sure this will be the first of many kids I will have to stand my ground with. Ugh, sometimes being an adult is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment