Search This Blog

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Aurora Borealis

I am a member of an online community called thebabywearer.com. It's an awesome forum of Moms coming together to help with parenting advice, sharing of arts and crafts, venting about problems, sharing in the joys of life, and basically any sort of support you might need. It's great for getting an outside perspective on life. Nothing is quite the same as feeling like you're completely alone on an issue, only to find out many many people across the world share your opinion.

Most important of all we are coming together to share our love for keeping our babies close, ie babywearing. I've always found the term babywearing kind of weird to use, but eh oh well. There is a sub-forum there to buy/sell/trade babycarriers, and other used baby items. It can get kinda crazy. I love it though, and have gotten a couple of pretty good deals there myself.

Because this is such an awesome community of Moms, there is ocassionally Moms out there who send their baby carriers out on tour across the world. This gives people the chance to try things out that they may never be able to otherwise. I am so lucky to be able to participate in one of these instances. I have a baby carrier right now, that is a Didymos Chiara, which has been dyed a one of kind dye job using non-toxic dyes. It is so pretty. I wish I could keep it, but atleast I get to try it out for week. The Mom who is sending across Canada, and the US also included a little journal for us to write in, or have our kids draw in, or whatever we feel like. She will be saving this journal, along with the wrap to pass onto her daughter when she has kids. We are also supposed to upload pictures to the site to share what we did with the wrap while it is visiting. Its pretty cool to see it go from one Mom to the next, and get to see some scenery from across north america.
I've only had it 2 days, but here's some pics so far:

This is the morning we got it, I unraveled it, and Nyla instantly wanted to give it some hugs(ignore the laundry in the background, lol).


We had to try it out of course.



And then she had to wrap her baby up




Playing with her BCK's(which is what she call's her ABC's), handsfree, but still holding her baby, lol.



I'm planning on going for a hike in the Rouge Valley later this week, to show off some of the gorgeous scenery Canada has to offer. Not too sure where else to go. I don't think the crack heads of Oshawa have much to offer, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment