Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Babies wearing babies


So, most people know that I use a type of baby carrier called a wrap. It's basically a long piece of fabric that you use to tie the baby to yourself. I have a few now, some in different lengths, different thicknesses(some are more supportive, some are cooler for the summer, etc), some just because I think they are so pretty. These kinds of carriers are way more comfy, and stylish then the typical ones you can buy at Walmart. Not to mention, easier on the developing babies hips, as all the weight is distributed through the legs, instead of baby dangling from his crotch like this. Not to mention much more comfier for me. Trust me, I had a snuggly given to me, and it was like torture.

Nyla is not the kind of baby to be content just sitting there playing with a toy. She has to be up seeing what I'm doing, and helping out. If I'm trying to get something done(like cooking), she'll usually want up to see whats going on. I put her up on my back and explain to her stuff as I'm doing it. She can see over my shoulder. She's content, and I have both my hands. We both win!

I think this is my favourite. It's called Tulipaani, and its made by Girasol. I bought it here. I was pretty lucky, as I got a discount because this one is flawed. You can't see it when wearing it though, but there are red threads running through the yellow on the edging of the wrap.


I can't tell you how useful these things are. I honestly don't know how parents survive without one. I use mine daily, at home, out shopping, going for a walk, making dinner, etc.


This is a storchenweige, Leo Turk. It's probably the most supportive one I have(i.e if I know I'm going to be carrying her for a long time, this one is most comfy). It's also the shortest one I have. I bought this one used from another mom on thebabywearer.com


This was my/Darryls Ellaroo, Seattle. I loved this wrap. I wore her to this comic book convention in toronto for 7hrs straight. She had 2 naps there, and it was super crowded. No way a stroller would have worked for this. Unfortunatly I lost this one at Walmart. I'm still so mad at myself for that.
It had a slight stretch to the fabric that made it super comfy.


This is the first real wrap I bought. This is a Vatanai, Koira. This one is nice because its lightweight for the summer, but still pretty supportive. This is Darryls first backwrap!


This is my Gypsy Momma Baby Bali Breeze, Freya. It's not my favourite wrap. Its really lightweight for the summer, but with her weight, its just not comfortable for long stretches, unless I wrap her really carefully.


And here's a few pics of Nyla carrying her baby.. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment